Technician or Intermediate Designer (Structure)
Job advertisement | 16 October
Company located in Terrebonne specialized in turnkey projects, offering its customers building engineering, design and manufacture of steel structures, who is currently looking for a TECHNICIAN or INTERMEDIATE DESIGNER (Structure) for his design department.
A leader in the field of sports centers and buildings with complex structures, Lainco holds a copyright in an innovative, competitive architectural roofing concept for sports centers.
Primary tasks and activities
- Develop and prepare engineering models, drawings and plans from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specifications and other data;
- Check drawings to comply with specifications and quality standards;
- Visit the different sites in order to collect data necessary for the design of plans and specifications;
- Perform engineering drawings and plans (preliminary, final and “as-built”);
- Coordinate all plans with other disciplines and other offices as a responsible designer;
- Develop and prepare sketches with project engineers
- Carry out the transmission and the follow-up of the plans;
- Ensure that projects meet the quality standards of the company;
- Work closely with Project Managers, Detail Design Team and Manufacturing to optimize their work;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the department’s work methods and procedures;
- Perform other related duties.
- DEC in architecture, DEC in civil engineering, DEP in building design or any other relevant training;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in structure;
- Mastery of Revit software structure;
- Mastery of the Windows environment, and Autocad as well as a basic knowledge of the current software of the industry;
- Good knowledge of reading architecture and engineering plans, especially steel structures.
Skills and abilities
- Good team spirit and collaboration;
- Ability to reason and solve technical problems;
- Demonstrate initiative, autonomy, thoroughness and thoroughness
- Sense of organization and responsibilities
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Good knowledge of English (an important asset)
- Knowledge of SDS / 2 or Tekla software (an asset)
- Permanent position, 37.5 hours per week;
- Competitive salary based on level of expertise
- Benefits (group insurance, RRSP / DPSP, sick leave).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
In this document, the masculine gender is used without discrimination and only for the purpose of lightening the text.